Do you love delicious Japanese food? Are you trustworthy & hard-working? And would love a free membership to the Austin Bouldering Project? We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead our kitchen crew to produce foods that are delicious, beautiful and healthy. Your key objectives will be to oversee the production of high quality products, maintain orderly kitchen systems, and foster a positive, productive working environment.
Manage Daily Operations
- Ensure that menu items are consistently prepared and served according to our recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Supervise opening/closing shift.
- Work alongside kitchen crew to cook food and build bentos.
- Place & receive orders for food, beverage, supplies and disposables.
- Fully understand and ensure we are in compliance with all regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements at all times.
- Maintain appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
Manage Employees (Recruitment, Training, Retention & Scheduling)
- Support the recruitment & interview process for all BOH roles.
- Hold employees accountable to developing their skills, achieving our shared goals & upholding our culture.
- Make the kitchen staff schedule to ensure that all positions are staffed as needed to meet our production needs and labor cost objectives.
- Be knowledgeable of shop policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action or dismissal for any and all violations of our shop policies.
Monitor Controllables & Proactively Address Issues
- Monitor incoming catering orders & adjust our production, ordering, scheduling as needed.
- Control food cost by ordering perishables as needed, storing food properly, keeping temperature records on the freezer and coolers, and monitoring waste.
- Maintain shift notes & keep record of any issues that arise.
- Input numbers from invoices into our daily performance tracker.
- Meet weekly with Leanne to review performance metrics and make plans for how to improve our menu, service & culture.
Menu Development & Implementation
- Create and execute hot specials and colloborate with owner and cooks to create special shop and catering menus (Whole30 meals, Osechi New Year Bento, etc.)
- Experience working in restaurants or catering kitchens
- Positive, humble & hardworking spirit
- Desire to learn, grow and lead
- Ability to work on your feet & lift 30 lb
- Basic computer skills (Google Docs, Excel)
Free Membership to Austin Bouldering Project
Quarterly Bonus of $3500 based on meeting metrics for labor cost, COGS, total revenue, profitability, staff retention & customer satisfaction.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 referrals to Leanne Valenti at email@example.com